Schengen Traveler Insurance
Country flag

Frequently Asked Questions

Contract, Cover

I need to travel to the Schengen zone for 9 months. Can your travel insurance policy cover me for that period of time?

Absolutely. The contract is the only contract on the market that allows you to take out cover for up to 12 months and it is also renewable.

My step-parents, who are 87 and 92 years old respectively, want to visit us in the Schengen zone. Can they be insured?

Of course. The contract has no age limit.

During my trip to the Schengen zone, I will be staying in the Vatican City for 3 days. This state is not part of the Schengen area; am I covered?

The contract covers you in this state because it is one of the non-member states of the Schengen area that are automatically included in our contract. The list of countries concerned is as follows: The DOMs (Overseas Departments), the COMS (Overseas Collectivities) of the French territory, the principalities of Andorra, Monaco, Saint Marin, the Vatican as well as Ireland and the United Kingdom.

I made an error when I entered my passport number and the consulate has refused my certificate. What should I do?

When you took out your policy, you created a secure personal area or a secure personal area is waiting for you if a third party registered for you.
Go to this area, select your policy and make the change. This change is instantaneous and you do not need to wait. You then just need to print the new modified certificate.

I have just learnt from the consulate that my visa application has been refused. I have lost the fees I paid for the visa application. Can you suggest a solution to this?

Yes. If you selected this option during registration, you will be able to claim a refund of these fees up to 50€ as well as a refund of your insurance premium minus a 10€ deduction. To receive this, you just need to send us all the document proving the visa request and the costs incurred along with the notification of the refusal.

The person who will receive me in the Schengen zone wants to take out the contract on my behalf. Is this possible?

Absolutely, but in order to save time, please make sure they have the following information which will be required for the subscription: Surname, first name, date of birth, nationality, email address, address of the place of residence, address of destination, passport number and expiry date, trip start and end date. Check that this information is spelled correctly and that there are no errors in the numbers or dates.

I live in one of the Schengen area's member countries. Can I be insured?

No, this contract is exclusively for people whose fiscal and legal domicile is outside of the Schengen area.

I live outside the Schengen area and I don't need to make a visa application to enter the area. Can I take out the policy?

Yes. No problem.

How long do I have to change my travel dates on the policy I have taken out.

24 working hours before the policy's effective date (start of trip).

Schengen Visa

Must I make a visa application?

It all depends on your nationality. To check, consult the following page: Visa Application

How do I know which countries are part of the Schengen area?

Please go to the following page: Schengen Area

I visit the Schengen zone several times each year. Do you have a policy suitable for me?

Yes. Select the Schengen travel insurance multi-trip option. Consult the following page: Schengen cover

I will be visiting several states within the Schengen area during my trip, do I need to make a visa application for each country?

In the context of a leisure or business stay lasting less than or equal to 90 days a single visa and a single repatriation and medical costs insurance policy will suffice.

My visa has been refused and I cannot obtain proof from the consulate or embassy. What can I do about this?

Here is the template of the letter you should send:
"Mr Consular Officer,
The community code for visas includes an obligation to communicate the reason for a short-stay visa being refused. This provision entered into force on 5th April 2011. (Response from the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs in the Senate's JO of 17/06/2010 - page 1531). As I need this document to get my Schengen insurance premium refunded by my insurer who is requesting this proof, please send me this document as soon as possible. Thank you in advance. Yours Sincerely".


 I am already insured by you and I want to take out a new policy. Do I need to re-enter all my details?

No. Your private secure area contains a history of your information such as surname, first name, date of birth, nationality, address, email address, telephone. passport number. All you need to do is enter your username and password to access and add to or modify your information. This will save you lots of time.

I spelt my name wrongly and the consulate did not accept my erroneous insurance certificate. What can I do?

In your private and secure area, select the relevant contract, make the change online and re-print a new certificate immediately.

A consulate employee has doubts about the validity of my insurance policy. What should I do?

Ask him to simply go to and enter the membership n° shown on your certificate to check that your insurance is valid.

Why should I create an account?

So that all your information is available and you can access your latest quote and all your contracts that are saved.
In addition, in case of a claim, it is from your account that you can make a declaration and track your file.


Which payment methods can I use to pay for my insurance premium?

You need a credit card to pay securely over the Internet. If you do not have a credit card, you can pay by opening a PayPal account: . You can also pay by bank transfer but this incurs fees and takes time.

We are several members of the same family planning to travel. Can I insure everyone?

Of course. Each person will have their own insurance policy but you will only make one payment.

I do not have a credit card, can I ask a third party to pay for me?


Do you have a secure payment system?

All payments received go through PayPal or Paybox payment systems, which are completely secure.


Which documents will I have after my subscription?

  • A certificate issued in the language of the state of the Schengen zone in which you plan to visit,
  • A payment receipt,
  • A PayPal or Paybox payment receipt,
  • The policy's general conditions,

Which languages are the documents available in?

The insurance certificate can be issued at any time and according to your wish in any of the languages spoken in the Schengen area. The contract's general conditions are available in Arabic, Burmese, Chinese, German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Hindi, Portuguese, Russian and Thai.


How long do I have to make a claim?

You have 5 working days to do this. After this time we are not required to issue any refunds.

How do I make a claim?

If you incur any medical costs, use your private area to make your claim declaration online and obtain the documents required to open your case.

I am currently receiving medical treatment because I have a pre-existing condition. Will the medical costs relating to this treatment be covered?

No, previous or pre-existing conditions are never covered and this is a general rule regardless of the insurance company you choose for this type of contract.


Who should I call for assistance or repatriation?

Call 01 48 82 62 35 from France and (33) 1 48 62 35 from abroad. Fax 01 45 16 63 92 from France and (33) 1 45 16 63 92 from abroad. Indicate your policy number, an address and a telephone number where we can reach you.